Monday, August 10, 2015

A New Blog, A New Direction, A New Life

Hello Everyone,

I’ve had a lot of ideas bouncing around my head about How to Save the World and Humanity. Big Ideas, I know. I’m not so arrogant as to think any of my ideas are original, incidentally.  I am hoping I may have some insight about how to communicate these ideas. Or, I hope that elucidating the thought process that brought my consciousness to where it is today might in some small way help others walking a similar path.

The Emperor Has No Clothes is more than a fairy tale, or a cute children’s story. It’s actually a very deep Sufi parable about our inability to see and understand what’s right in front of our faces. A Russian proverb says: No man is so blind as the man who doesn’t wish to see. We are all blind about something or other, from family issues to global ones. In many cases the corporate mediasphere perpetuates the blindness, both through deliberate misrepresentation of the facts on the ground and by supplying an endless distraction engine, the stimulant Bread and Circuses we are programmed to crave.

Upton Sinclair took that Russian proverb and updated it with a peculiarly American slant: It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

Nearly 100% of climate scientists agree that human beings are having a major and potentially devastating effect on the climate we humans need to survive. As a species. In the near future. And yet we seem, as a species, to be completely incapable of working together to solve this problem.

What’s up with that?

The Emperor Has No Clothes. Our society is filled with nakedness that we mistake for finery. Hell, I recently grokked that I have no clothes.

This site is my small attempt to remedy that. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment